Sunday 23 October 2016

A prayer

Photo culled from tripleeforum.blogspot.com

I pray to be borne aloft by tomorrow’s wings
And guided away from today’s malevolent selfishness,
From sights perceived only for the now, with eagle eyes
From arms that would comfort just my own,
And breasts that would feed only my children.

I pray deviation from a path leading predictably to nowhere,
Replete with gorges that swallow a multitude of dreams
And a fostered sun that scorches the soul black,
Wringing it of love’s soothing moisture,
Whilst wrenching from it kindness’s milk.

I pray the resurrection of wondrous ideas long dead,
The rekindling of noble thoughts wantonly extinguished,
That they may yet again thrive incarnated
In Vessels that will sing the songs of giving,
And dance the dance of receiving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment